Saturday, August 05, 2006

Alpha

If anyone is reading this, welcome. This is a hip-hop MP3 blog, but I'm hoping it will be slightly different than most. I'm not planning to post forgotten obscurities, or tracks that were never released, or hot shit that ain't even out yet. There's already a ton of sites which offer that stuff, and there isn't much I could add to the table. The focus here will be on live performances and freestyles. A lot of the music I'll offer will be MCs rhyming live on the radio. Even if they're not going off the top of the head, something about those performances often interests me. It can be an average MC with average lyrics whose records leave me ambivalent, but if he's spitting those same rhymes live on the air without worrying about making a polished record, there will often be a raw energy which is captivating. Of course, I hope you'll consider most of the stuff you find here to be better than average MCs with better than average lyrics. So feel free to tune in for freestyles, freewrittens, battles, concerts, maybe a few recorded interviews, and whatever else I feel like throwing up here. I'll try to update at least once a week, but who knows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

What up Nesta, this is glavet from the Cocaine Blunts boards. Nice concept man, very orginal. I'll be reading.

August 08, 2006 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home