Saturday, August 12, 2006

KRS-ONE

I couldn't make up my mind what to do for the second entry, but finally decided I couldn't go wrong featuring the greatest MC of all time.

First we have KRS with Lord Finesse and Supernatural on the famed Stretch and Bobbito show in 1995. Finesse kicks writtens, Supernatural of course is off the top, and Kris slides back and forth from written to freestyle. Everyone sounds like they're just having a great time, goofing on each other and enjoying hip-hop.

KRS-ONE, Lord Finesse, and Supernatural on Stretch and Bobbito


Second is KRS and Common rhyming on New York's Hot 97 in early 1998. (I think I actually snatched this from some mixtape back in the day, but I don't remember which.) Favorite moment: Common's laugh as Kris prepares to pass the mic, sounding somewhat intimidated at the thought of following up the Teacha's monster verse. He acquits himself admirably.

KRS-ONE and Common on Hot 97

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

50/50 everyone comes off the top and everyone one kicks writtens it is just some emcees do one or the other more often then the other

September 09, 2006 4:12 AM  
Blogger Nesta said...

That reminds me...I think have a tape when Del was up in the studio, rhyming over his own MPC...I'll have to dig that up.

October 13, 2006 1:40 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yo Nesta, is that Common & KRS thing from the same session when they were freestyling over the "Who Shot Ya" beat???...BTW if your interested I can hook you up with some archieve stuff such as an old Big Daddy Kane, LL going off on Run DMC..and more stuff

February 06, 2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger Nesta said...

Not sure what session it's from. I just snatched it off some mixtape years ago.

Yeah, I'd love to hear anything you wanna share. You wanna put a link in here, or send some shit over email?

Maybe I'll actually be inspired to update this bitch again...

February 07, 2007 12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Nesta, it's Kevin yeah it seems I'm having problems getting into my blog, but yeah I would like to send some shit over email to cos sometimes yousendit gives me problems....but I'll leave you with a link of LL going off on Run DMC

http://download.yousendit.com/84F30A7506BB255B

BTW, have you ever seen live or heard on audio, KRS battle???

February 07, 2007 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home