Sunday, September 24, 2006

Wake Up Show / Future Flavas

Digging through some old tapes, I came across this radio recording I had forgotten about. A gang of MCs spit rhymes from coast-to-coast during a show that was apparently simulcast on Sway and Tech's Wake Up Show and Marley Marl's Future Flavas, I believe some time in late 1997. Aceyalone, Common, and Mikah 9 are particularly on top of their games here. I spoke to Common briefly in early 1998 and he asked me if I was looking forward to the Cappadonna album. "That guy's funny to me," he said, and I wonder if he was thinking back to this show. 'Donna's unique approach to freestyling is certainly showcased here. Other performers include Killarmy, Killa Priest, Mykill Miers, Abstract Rude, and Diverse. The whole thing is about 35 minutes long.

Wake Up Show / Future Flavas freestyles

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re-up please

February 10, 2007 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home