Thursday, September 28, 2006

PEACE

My favorite scene from Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme: Divine Styler is explaining how a freestyle referred to a "non-conceptual" rhyme when he was coming up, and evolved to the current definition of unwritten, spontaneous lyrics. PEACE then drops 40 seconds of heat, strides off-camera, and leaves Divine Styler speechless.

Divine Styler and PEACE in Freestyle

In 1999 PEACE faced off against relative unknown Eyedea at Scribble Jam. Eyedea was awarded the title, and probably deserved it, but he did have the advantage of knowing PEACE's history and being able to use it against him. This mp3 consists of two rounds which I put back-to-back; I'm not sure why they faced each other twice in the battle.

Eyedea vs. PEACE at Scribble Jam

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dope blog, I was wondering if you can post any of the remixes that pete rock did during his future flavaz era.

October 03, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Nesta said...

Thanks.

That's not the kind of stuff I'm focusing on here, but I might throw up some of that shit some time if I got nothing else to post. Are you looking for anything in particular? I assume you're just referring to his regular remixes? Or do you mean there was shit that he did special for his radio show?

October 03, 2006 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reply, I looking for the special remixes that he did during the radio show (Around 95' to 98').

October 04, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Nesta said...

Ahh, I don't think I have any of those, sorry.

October 04, 2006 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home